Tuesday, September 26

Rocky VI

I've made fun of Rocky Dennis before. For those of you who are not familiar with Rocky Dennis, he is the main character in the film Mask, starring Cher. It's about a boy whose face is so disfigured that he looks like he is wearing a horror-film mask. Cher plays his biological mother in the film, which might explain why his face looks like this:




I don't make fun of him because I think physical deformities are funny, it's just he always seems to keep popping up in my head. I've only seen the film once before, one night on Channel Ten after I finished 'watching' Sandra Sully present the late news. But his face was do distinctive, so memorable that I always think of it. And for some reason, I see it everywhere.


Especially when I see former Sydney Roosters centre turned rugby-union turncoat Ryan Cross.


Fittler, cut-out pass to Cross, Cross chased by a group of angry townsfolk bearing pitchforks, offloads to Minichiello, Roosters score!


Or star of Dawson's Creek, James Van Der Beek.



omg it's named dawsons creek cause dawson drowns in it trying to save joey i read it on the net

But last night, when I flicked to Australian Idol (shut up), I saw a new Rocky Dennis look-a-like. Not only did he look like Rocky, he acted like him, moving like a veritable Quasimodo on stage. According to the Idol website, his name is Bobby Flynn. According to a zoological study I had conducted by a friend at Taronga Zoo, he is most likely of the Homo Neanderthalensis genus, likes to hunt in packs, and considers fish heads a tasty treat.


Look at the similarities - Australian Idol, or Rocky Dennis? You be the judge.




That is all.

2 comments:

Tommy said...

well gee obviously nobody else agrees

Anonymous said...

i agree