Friday, July 6

Continuity

Continuing this week's theme of 'Things Tommy Doesn't Get, and the blog's general theme of 'Shit Blogs On Fridays', I bring you two things I don't really understand.


#1 - A Fall



So, my new neighbours are a nice old retired couple. Top folks. They have a dog like Vincent from Lost, except it doesn't foreshadow death, which is what you really want in a pet. Anyway, the other day the wife neighbour fell over and broke her arm (OR WAS SHE PUSHED?~@!).

Nothing shocking, what with old people and their weak bones and their love of cage fighting. But it was the way I heard the story that got me confused.

It wasn't 'She fell over and broke her arm.' It was 'She had a fall.' You know, 'A Fall'. The thing only old people get. At what age do you go from the past tense to the really past tense? And why do people kind of...whisper when they say it? I don't get it.

Speaking of domestic violence...



#2 - A Choke



If Benoit made his son tap from the Crippler Crossface, his wrestling finisher, this means one of two things.

a) Chris Benoit has a deep appreciation for irony, which I don't get.

or

b) Wrestling is real.


I haven't been this confused since I saw Jack Bauer naked in Season 2 of 24.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't season 2 of 24 be 48?

Chook.