Monday, June 19

“Security, safety and sex are the big concerns,” said Henrik Christensen, a member of the Euron ethics group. How far should robots be allowed to influence people’s lives? How can accidents be avoided? Can deliberate harm be prevented? And what happens if robots turn out to be sexy?


Yes, Henrik Christensen, what IF robots turn out to be sexy?



I'm Tommy, and welcome to Media Watch.

Sorry, always wanted to say that. Ever notice how Media Watch always opens like that? What? Three of you? Lanolin? Awesome. But I'm not here to discuss sex with robots, even though I'd probably shag C3P0.

SAY MY NAME BITCH

NOW SAY IT IN OVER 6 MILLION LANGUAGES


Sorry.

Today's blog topic is Butch Lesbians.

Open your copies of the Herald Sun to page 14.


'Ex-lover warned Renae Lawrence'.



Convicted drug smuggler Renae Lawrence was warned by her ex-lover not to get involved with the Bali Nine ringleader.

.........

Lawrence said her relationship ended just before she was arrested and she has a new Balinese girlfriend who shared her cell.
Lawrence also spoke of her embarrassment when Balinese police thought she was a man.
"One ripped open my shirt and saw that I had a woman's body," she said.
"They thought I was one of the boys. It was very embarrassing for me. He was really shocked and I was totally humiliated."
Lawrence said she had become depressed and made several attempts on her life. "I was at my lowest. I thought my life was over. I wanted to die."

I know she's been given a harsh sentence, and I know she's probably endured all sorts of hardships in a dodgy Indonesian cell, but come on, love.


It's not exactly the cast of Australia's Next Top Model here. The pack of Marlboro ciggies in her hand in the right pic isn't exactly helping her cause either. All she needed was to accessorise with a West Coast wine cooler and a pair of Stubbies and she'd pass for a cleanly-shaved David Boon. And how much does she look like Pacey from Dawson's Creek in the bottom left pic? And just quietly Renae - that whole little Balinese GIRLFRIEND shindig isn't really convincing people you're not a bloke either. I've seen less masculine guys in VB ads.



I had 3 days to write this blog.

5 comments:

Tommy said...

shhhh poose it's meant to be subtle

Anonymous said...

weell it is now that you deleted my comment and the pic. censor i cry, censor

Tommy said...

it was always intended to be a limited edition joke

Anonymous said...

Hahah poose is Renae Lawrence your father or something?

Anonymous said...

rofl. wait a minute. not that. that joke was shit and made no sense