Sunday, December 31

The New Year's Eve Blog

I apologise for the lack of blog-icity the past few week, things have been so busy with Christmas and the holiday season and killing Gerald Ford that I just couldn't find my motivation, or as the French call it - 'motivation'.

They go up for the 'tion'.

Anyway, I'm required by the terms of my parole to post a New Year's Eve blog. I'm not one of those 'Year In Review' poonces though. I think there's enough shows on television counting down the best moments of every fucking thing ever for me to skip that idea entirely.

So, having ditched the YearInReview, I figure we go topical.

previously, on lost


Topical
. Yesterday, Saddam Hussein was hung.


wa wa wee wa!

Haha. I liked that one. Yesterday, Saddam Hussein was hanged.

You can watch the video here, if you're so inclined. You don't see the neck snap or anything, but man... Those Iraqis are LOUD. I'm for the death penalty in places that have it, provided they're not bogan Aussies in Indonesia.

I love the hanging thing, it's like Corn Flakes. Sometimes the simple things in life are often the best.

Oh, and - 'hanged'. It's the only time you're allowed to intentionally screw up your grammar and get away with it. Is 'hung' only a modern word, or did it have the 'giant dick' connotations back in medieval England too? When enemies of the King were 'hung', did people giggle?

And that's where we end the year. A dick joke.

We really should have seen it coming.


.....And we're done.


Happy New Year!

No comments: