Monday, September 11

And they say that a Latham will save us

We Now Resume Regular Average Blogging


Since I've been embroiled in the CageFight for the last week, I've missed a few things. Peter Brock died for one. Famous deaths always come in threes, so with Steve Irwin and Brockie taking the first two spots, I'm sure Molly Meldrum is getting a little nervous.

I also never got a chance to write about how the Government and the Opposition got together in a show of bi-partisan unity, proving that they are actually focused on serving the public rather than petty political squabbles, when they voted last week to...... Give themselves a pay rise.

Well, kinda.

They bumped up the Parliamentary Super-Annuation contribution back to the level it was pre-Latham. Remember that? When Latham got Howard to buckle and cut his mates wages? That was hot. And now it's gone. Gone like Latham. Gone like my dreams.

Gone like Molly Meldrum.




It was the only picture of a politician I had left on my computer


The pollies reckon it's because the more attractive the salary, the better quality politicans we get. After all, as Bob Carr has shown, politicians can get a shitload of cash in the private sector, which they can then spend on fancy houses and mail-order brides (as Bob Carr has also shown). I don't really get that logic.

Call me Chief Crazy Pants, but I'd like to think people go into politics to serve their country. Only getting paid $150k or so, plus super (and a parliamentary pension when you're done) seems like a pretty good deal to me. Though, when you're unemployed, $2 an hour to sponge-bath Casey Donovan sounds like a good deal too.

When you've got petrol, and the footy finals, and Iraq, and interest rates, and Irwin and Brockie, politicians giving themselves a few extra bucks doesn't seem like a big deal. But if we don't make a fuss about it, they'll just keep screwing us over like an Iraqi camel.

For the record, writing a blog for my double-digit readership = making a fuss about it.



AM I LATE FOR THE GANG RAPE?!


I mentioned the footy finals before. I quit my tipping comp because it was shit and full of cocks (I was losing), but I'm a gun at finals tipping. Like, seriously. To prove it, I recorded an audio blog with my tips for last weekend's NRL games. Needless to say, I was 4/4. You're probably thinking to yourself that I just recorded it today, but I couldn't possibly have done that. That's crazy talk. You should stop talking so crazy or I'll just stop talking to you.

You can listen to TOMMY'S NRL FINAL TIPS here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey tommy, arent you unemployed? casey's pretty huge, i'm sure you could make at least 8 dollers

Anonymous said...

I recall Howard saying, verbatim, that not reinstating the super would "further reduce the gene pool." At the time I wondered to myself if the political gene pool could be further reduced.

I've wondered. It can't.

Anonymous said...

tommy i'm pretty sure you didn't record that mp3 on friday

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you would make us deal with the capitalist whorelords at megaupload.com

Anonymous said...

better than those commies over at rapidshare