Monday, November 14

I really should wait until I graduate before I write this, but what the shit - I am completely out of material after I used the gay marriage card a few posts ago, so it's downhill from here anyway.

For the last three years, I've been completing a media degree at a university that shall not be named because I will get into trouble if someone reads this. I had about two subjects a year where I had to produce actual journalism - real stories about real events and real people. Problem is - I don't really care for that stuff. Calling people up for info, interviewing sources, unearthing scoops, it ain't for me.

So I made it up.

When I had to produce waivers for interviews I conducted, I made them up. Sometimes I'd use my mates and attribute quotes to them (and then forge their sigs). Sometimes I invented people, like my personal favourite 'unamed ALP campaign worker in the seat of Mitchell'. Considering the ALP primary vote in Mitchell, I don't think they have any campaign workers and if they did I doubt they'd be able to communicate verbally. Maybe a complex series of winks, I dunno.

Most recently I had to document my experience on the Sydney suburban rail network, so I wrote about a few trips that I never actually took. In my time at uni, 1 piece out of about 10 was legit journalism. The rest was... how you say... Daily Telegraph-ish

So in summation, I am a fraud. Anything I say on this blog may or may not be completely fabricated. I mightn't even work at Subway and like 24. For all you know I could be a fat chick working at Hungry Jacks who likes Alias. Wouldn't that be fucking trippy. Some fat bitch with two sets of tits because her stomach folds onto itself when she sits down lecturing you about gay marriage and terrorism, her acne-spotted face excreting grease with every keystroke while her abusive father hammers on her bedroom door

Stop writing your bloody stories in there Janice! he says (her name would be Janice)

...

I'm off topic.

If any of my lecturers are reading this, this blog is completely fabricated please don't fail me or I'll cut myself

7 comments:

Tommy said...

tommy likes fish

Anonymous said...

omg tommy invented fraud. This is so un heard of in university, your soo bad.

Tommy said...

bite me paris

Anonymous said...

Do a guide to 24 tommy, i want to know what you think now that it ended.

Tommy said...

you...want to know what I... think?

finally :O

Anonymous said...

a guide too what tommy thinks maybe not sure i want to read that

Anonymous said...

Woah, I wrote my HSC Module 3 essay on this. You ever seen 'Shattered Glass?' I'm hoping someone bookmarks this post and uses it as a related text for next year's HSC...imagine that? tommyiscool.com as an official related text for the NSW HSC.

I just shivered in anticipation.